
Father's Day. A day to reflect on those special men who take on the responsibility of being a valuable person in the life of a child. They inspire, teach, create, and play. They dicipline with love, understand with empathy, provide the "masculine" touch to a problem, and do all of this with the hope of a bright future for this child.
I was blessed with a phenomenal Dad. He provided the balance of an incredibly fun man who also was equally successful in his career. I will always be thankful that he found my sister and I important enough to miss a party or meeting just to ensure that he was sitting in the auditorium before any of our performances. Thank you, Papa for being wonderful! I love you!
My children are now blessed with a wonderful Daddy. HH may be exhausted when he comes home from a long day at work, physically absent for milestones because he's deployed, but one thing is a constant: he loves his children and would do anything to see them be happy and successful in their endeavors. I'm grateful that he has that personality woven into his personality.
HH had a very simple request for Father's Day this year: Loads of family time and snorkeling. We headed up to the North Shore and enjoyed delish hamburgers, snorkled in Turtle Bay's cove, and headed back home with a stop at Matsumoto's for some heavenly shaved ice with a snow cap and ice cream. Yummmmy! The kiddos enjoyed the beach and HS loved getting his snorkel gear on to head out for some daddy time. Viola! Success!
Happy Father's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment