Monday, June 14, 2010

5th Kyu



Each time I sit and watch HS in the dojo as he practices his kata and sparring, I'm proud that he has attached himself to a skill that he obviously loves. Watching him in a test is all together nerve wracking as I sit and watch him go through a grueling hour and a half exam. Senseis and Senpais watch over those testing and at any moment, they just might make you do push-ups for not trying hard enough, being lazy, or worse, not focusing on the exam. By the end of any exam, I have fingernail marks embedded in my hand and a heart full of pride. HS always makes it without problem. I'm not sure if it's the defensive over-protective mommy bear coming out of me, but I'm always greeted with a wide HS grin and bear hug at the end of an exam. Obviously, his nerves are kept in check. I could learn a lot from him.

I am proud to write that I watched him not only do his best during the exam for 5th Kyu, but I witnessed him get his 1st "outstanding" in kata! Way to go my handsome Karate kid!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear One,

We have so mch to be proud of with the "big guy"! His form is amazing; I absolutely adore watching him as he works in the dojo... exceedingly straight back, wide, no stress splits, and solemn face... This is definitely his cup of tea!

Who'd a thunk we'd have a black belt in the family?/!! I want him on MY side!

Love always and forever!
Mom