Ok, I have to admit it. I must have hit the third trimester chaos and now find myself lost in the chaos of life with four month old LD. I don't think my life has been any more hectic than now. I know...I know...the popular saying of "this too shall pass" but seriously, could two kids be any different than mine? What worked for HS as an infant has no bearing whatsoever on our LD. HS has even found himself saying, "mommy, I don't think I did that..." With a smile on my face and praying silently for patience in dealing with a polar opposite baby than what I had been used to I sweetly smile down at my new darling and say, "no, sweetie, you did other things."
Don't get me wrong, I love our newest addition, I obviously thrive on chaos or why else would I be such a supporter of a nomadic life? I think what keeps me going is music, memories of other times, and the promise of even better moments spent with my fantastic 3. Today, being a day that LD spent more time crying than cooing and dealing with life back in the "real Navy" as HH is nowhere to be found since he has been sent off for training, I am relying on the fact that crazy days are what keeps your sould rejuvinated. Put on your big girl panties and deal.
1 comment:
I will not bombard you with platitudes about "You're gonna miss these days" or such as that. Being in a confined space, sleep deprived (ALL OF YOU!), and bound in a small area with no cawfee of choice and, more importantly NO CHRISTMAS TREE SHOP IS NOT FUN! I will tell you, however, that nothing lasts forever. Little ones grow into bigger ones, problems change, and you are right...
Each of us has to put on her big girl underwear when the going gets tough, dig our toes into the dirt, and press ahead. There are no options as long as we are vertical, and vertical is definitely preferable to horizontal!!!
We are sorry to have to add the weight of PopPop's cancer to your crazy days...All things will work for good (a platitude, I know, and I promised not to use one). We will rely on God to help us decide which way to go and thank him that we apparently caught it early! Keep us in your prayers.
We love you all across the sea and look forward to our visit! R's creations are always a delight, and C will put her special spice.
Keep the faith. Relax and have a cup of your Dunkin'...maybe even with a donut on the side! (I want the chocolate glazed, R will take a strawberry with sprinkles, you can have the maple frosted....well, maybe I want one of those too!)
Love always.
Mom
Post a Comment