It has been wicked crazy around our hale over the past two weeks. I know what you're thinking...when is life not wicked cray-cray. Add that to the endless things not shared by the previous generation when raising kids.
Band festival trip to Busch Gardens {chaperones are worth their weight in gold...I should be really, really rich!}, Memorial Day weekend, field day at school {remember said comment about being rich?}, and my 40th birthday {What? I'm
Seeing HS advance in his band and love of music brings back fond memories of my time in band. I'm delighted that he has stuck with learning trumpet over the past two years. I keep telling him that band only gets better with each year. It's worth the investment of his time to build his talent.
I am not going to lie...I was terrified when HS decided that he was up for riding the Mach Tower. I have never been so relieved to see a ride end. I'd say from this grin on his face that it was worth my terror and possible heart attack for his thrill of walking on the edge of insanity. Speaking of which, chaperoning seven sixth and seventh grade boys is not for the faint of heart. Trust me.
Wine tasting after exploring a strawberry festival for the day.
Life is good.
Life is good.
Endless blue sky, green grassy mountain, and bright yellow flowers to pick.
Move over Snow White...LD is taking your place.
One of the many benefits to living where we are...
Free military concerts at Wolf Trap.
Pack a picnic, meet up with some friends, and let the
music fill your soul. Dancing is optional a must.
Taking in the beauty of the Shenandoah River for my 40th...
nothing beats spending time with my HH, kiddos, and parents in a really neat
cabin with conversation, s'mores, and celebration. 40 is the new 30.
Don't be afraid of turning 40. Seriously. I mean what I type.
Spending time with my parents, let alone just thinking about the next visit we'll share puts a huge smile on my face. This is the first time since LD was born {yikes! Six years ago!} that we have been stationed on the same coast let alone in the same state.
I had a grin from ear to ear watching these three begin my 40th festivities.
Let's talk turkey...just watching them be together and love up the moments puts a smile on my face!
So, indeed...it's been a busy two weeks, but heck, I never forgot to smile. Those potential frown lines won't be appearing on my face any time soon!
Whatever you do today,
remember...
don't forget a smile!



4 comments:
Happy birthday week!! Glad you had a good week. =) Looks like fun.
Happy Birthday! You were in our neck of the woods -- we live about 5 min. from Busch Gardens! My mom always used to say, "Don't make that face or your face will freeze like that!"
God bless,
Laurie
Happy Birthday! My mom used to tell me the same things!
Glad you had a wonderful two weeks. And you are so right-40 is the new 30. And, may I say, that 50 is the new 40.
I'm a big believer in smiling and I agree with your mom - frowning causes wrinkles.
Post a Comment