Tuesday, February 23, 2016

A Little Taste of Spring-Early Cherry Blossoms at Miurakagan


Seems like each time we turn around there is something new to explore here.  You would think that since we have been lucky enough to have three different tours here that we would have run out of places to see in our immediate vicinity.  Living here is always an adventure day.  Each and every time you step beyond the gate.                                                    

After a great weekend with the family I decided the weather was so incredible that I wanted to venture off while the kiddos were in school.  Amazingly enough, even though I was by myself, I really enjoyed the quiet.  Boarding a train from Yokosuka-chuo I headed down to the end of the line bound for Miura-Kaigan.  Taking the express train I was at my station in no time.  A happy sign welcomed me to the festival celebrating the beauty of "Kawazu-zakura" early blooming cherry trees.                                                              

I meandered up the street that has a magical canopy of Kawazu-zakura on one side.                                                                   If I haven't written it enough...I adore flowers.  These blossoms last such a short time that so when you hear they are blooming don't hesitate.  Get on a train and go see them!  

By the time I was getting on my train to head back to Yokosuka-chuo I was refreshed, rejuvenated, and loved my little taste of Spring.















Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's Party!'  
~ R. Williams

















No comments: