All the fun of today brought back instant memories of sprinkler days...those from my own childhood stash of memories and of course, who could forget those of a spirited little boy at LD's age running into the sprinkler full throttle with only a diaper on in Monterey? I have a feeling this beach ball will be out frequently after witnessing the splashing and squeals of delight! Who knows...LD just may decide to run in a diaper in honor of her dear big bro!
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Splash!
All the fun of today brought back instant memories of sprinkler days...those from my own childhood stash of memories and of course, who could forget those of a spirited little boy at LD's age running into the sprinkler full throttle with only a diaper on in Monterey? I have a feeling this beach ball will be out frequently after witnessing the splashing and squeals of delight! Who knows...LD just may decide to run in a diaper in honor of her dear big bro!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dear One,
I can hear her squeals of delight...all I have to do is sit quietly...
close my eyes...
Yes, I hear her now...
But wait....
Is it her?...
You?
Your big sister?
Her big bro?
Her cousin?
Oh, heck, what does it matter...
the giggles bring joy to my
heart...
whether memories near or far...
I do seem to recall your running through the sprinkler in the backyard with NO diaper on at all because you had taken it off when I was not looking!
But, once again, heck, kid...
Save the angst for the big stuff!
You gotta love 'em...
Love ya,
Mom
Hands down one of my favorite memories is of HS running through the sprinkler witha saggy diaper and then pulling it off and running butt necked in the sprinkler in Monterey...heeeeee-heeeee-heeeee!
Post a Comment