Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Be Afraid

Be afraid. Be very afraid. We have an exhibitionist on our hands. What started out as an occasional taking off of her diaper has gone through an evolution. This morning, HS and I heard LD squealing merrily in her crib.

"Why's she so happy? Must be because she doesn't have to go to school!" HS stated sleepily.

"Maybe it has more to do with the fact she woke up on the right side of the crib, unlike some of us...." I said as I wiped sleep from my eyes.

HS got to the door first. He paused with it half open and then looked over at me with his eyes bulging and a smile creeping across his face. "Nope. I think it's because she's missing her clothes!!! She escaped from 'em!" he shouted as he busily pointed in her direction.

I peered over his head into the room, afraid to see what I may find out. What exactly does he mean...missing her clothes...impossible! Her PJs had a zipper on 'em for Pete's sake.

Well, she obviously has phenomenal manual dexterity for a 21 month old. She managed to unzip them and there she stood on her tippy toes, proudly squealing with delight in her accomplishments as her PJ's lay over the crib rail. Ahhh...be afraid. Be very, very, very afraid!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Dear One,

I can honestly say that you NEVER did this! I am a little concerned that she may grow up to like doing this too... We have never had a stripper in the family have we?

What a cutie!!!

Love,
Her Grandma...