Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dedicated to 3rd

Dear Mom and Dad,

Hi! I bet you are excited to be in my classroom tonight! I really enjoy 3rd grade. Thank you for sending me to school for the past three years. I'm glad I'm not new. My favorite subjects are Science, reading, and cursive. I am doing really well. I bet you miss me during the day. I miss you, but I am very busy. Please look at all that I have been doing. Write me a note so I know you were here.

Your dedicated son,
HS

PS: Mom, don't cry.






I can't tell you how much this letter that HS wrote to us for school open house meant. He's really charging forth and taking over on his maturity. Although we've always known he was intelligent, it is so refreshing to not here how "hyper" he is. In fact, we got to hear how quiet and well mannered he is (is she sure that is our son sitting in her class?!?!) He has truly embraced all that 3rd grade has to offer and this Open House made me feel his excitement as we enjoyed a brief intro from Mrs. G (thank goodness for our classroom parent orientation the weekend before school started) and then she left us able to enjoy all the artwork, classwork, and talent of our child.

When you see a life sized recreation of your child sitting at his desk, how could you not let out a squeal of joy and then begin snapping photos?



HS has clearly decided to what he will be dedicated to this year....funny...we knew that the kid in the gi was going to be his "mini' version of himself from across the room! Please notice that he has even left the spot where his blue patch is placed! Sensei would indeed be proud!



Gotta love a kid whose 3rd grade goal is to learn cursive (I swear he salivates whenever it is time to practice his cursive) and get good grades! Also was thrilled to read his spotlight on me answers to his favorite things:

Book~ Percy Jackson and the Lightning Theif series
Subject~ Playing Legos
Animal~ Dog and Cat (guess he didn't want to leave one of his out!)
Food~ Homemade Usually (scored major points with me! See...he does notice if it comes out of a box!)
Hobby~ Playing outside
TV show~ Star Wars: The Clone Wars
I'm good at~ Helping people
When I grow up I want to be a: Navy pilot




One thing I learned that I did not know from his name acrostic poem: apparantly, he doesn't like bannanas...when I asked him about this statement he said..."gosh mom, I tell you that everytime you hand me one with all those spots!" Roger that. Filed away within my brain.


Honestly, hands down this is the best start to the school year we've ever had. Keeping fingers and toes that we continue to watch him charge forth and enjoy the heck out of 3rd grade!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear One,

Good grief, how could I have missed this one! It is so phenomenally wonderful! I know you had told me about his "magical me mock up" but this is just too precious. I really loved his comments on his note to you ... including "Mom, don't cry"... he knows you well, doesn't he!!!???

I also noted on his spotlight picture of him standing onstage that there were "squiggles" in the background that reminded me of his space adventure pictures and your decorative touches... He does, indeed, pay attention to what he sees you doing!

I'm glad I went back to look at other entries!

Congratulations and joy over the start of a marvelous third grade year... He has hit his stride... watch out world... he's coming with a great big smile on his face1!

WHOOO HOOOO!

Love you precious one!
Mom