So, as I stood by sipping my afternoon cup of Joe, where was my darlin' son? Was he running around participating in the latest Nerf neighborhood war? Was he snuggled up with a good book on the sofa? Maybe he was creating a new Lego land in his lair upstairs. Nope. None of those. He stood like a sentinel guarding the crown jewels and then would methodically begin stacking as if he was in Dicken's day working for a not yet enlightened Mr. Scrooge. He carefully penned each name of the candy and notated the number he was handed. To say I was shocked that my usually very energetic son did nothing but sit, stare at candy, and write after circling my diningroom table like a vuture checking on prey, is in understatement. He worked for at least an hour. Then, just when I I thought he through, he grinned and said, "Now, I've got to see how many pieces I have in total." Carefully, he began adding in his head and then proudly announced:
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
The Loot
So, as I stood by sipping my afternoon cup of Joe, where was my darlin' son? Was he running around participating in the latest Nerf neighborhood war? Was he snuggled up with a good book on the sofa? Maybe he was creating a new Lego land in his lair upstairs. Nope. None of those. He stood like a sentinel guarding the crown jewels and then would methodically begin stacking as if he was in Dicken's day working for a not yet enlightened Mr. Scrooge. He carefully penned each name of the candy and notated the number he was handed. To say I was shocked that my usually very energetic son did nothing but sit, stare at candy, and write after circling my diningroom table like a vuture checking on prey, is in understatement. He worked for at least an hour. Then, just when I I thought he through, he grinned and said, "Now, I've got to see how many pieces I have in total." Carefully, he began adding in his head and then proudly announced:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment