It just doesn't seem possible that we are back at it again. The morning school routine...for one of the first times in the last two months, I was rudely awakened by a sound.
The sound of my annoying alarm clock. The annoyance of that sound didn't last long.
It was replaced rather quickly. Almost within seconds of the surge of dread. It was erased by the sound of my handsome son calling out, "Mom! She came again! The school fairy visited!" Yep. Gone. I'm not annoyed. I'm happy for a little boy I used to cradle in my arms and tickle his tubby toes one by one. He's now almost my height and entering into the wonderful nifty world of 4th grade. No longer part of the "early" elementary years. He has entered the "upper" grades. *whew* That's just a little to much to take in when cawfee hasn't kicked in.
| Ready for 4th Grade |
Wipe the tear dropping like a weight from your eye, momma. It's time to get going. The school bell will soon be ringing, and you must get the precious moments of a happy son burned into your memory. After all, he'll have the moment ingrained, too.
1 comment:
Dear One,
How did I miss this post? You are such a delightful writer, and I rejoice that you let us into your even-still-cawfeee-deprived head to hear your thoughts...
"Memories dot the corner of my mind...
Misty water-colored memories of the way we were..." crooned Barbara Streisand who went on to sing,
"... so it's the laughter...we will remember, whenever we remember, the way we were..."
tiny toes,
zerbits to a tummym
hugs and tears,
laughter and cuddles
That almost-as-tall-as-you fourth grader (and his sister too) also remember the way they were...
That's what makes them who they are.
Blessings to you for being such a great memory making mom (MMM)
Love always and forever,
Mom
Post a Comment