Monday, August 15, 2011

Life is...

While working on the photo display for my MCCW group, I began googling on the topic.  For those of you who know me, this is not an unusual occurrence.  Typically, my googling leads me to find little tidbits, quotes, songs, or poems. 

I adore quotes.  I love poems.  I am addicted to the words I read that seep into my soul like fine wine.  I am overcome sometimes by what I find.  Today, my googling was not in vain.  I came across powerful words.  Ones that are causing my brain to ponder over the meanings and seriously take a moment to reflect.  Reflect.  REFLECT.   
Life is beauty, admire it.



Life is bliss, enjoy it.


Life is a dream, make it a reality.


Life is a challenge, face it.


Life is a duty, fulfill it.


Life is a game, play it.


Life is precious, be careful with it.


Life is wealth, guard it.


Life is love, rejoice in it.


Life is a puzzle, penetrate it.


Life is a promise, keep it.


Life is sadness, overcome it.


Life is a hymn, sing it.


Life is a struggle, accept it.


Life is a tragedy, struggle with it.


Life is an adventure, risk it.


Life is happiness, earn it.


Life is life, defend it.     
~ Mother Teresa
The past few weeks since getting back from a fantastic vacation have been filled to the brim with activities. Waves crashing, children giggling, nose sniffling, heart poundings, siblings shouting, school bell blaring, alarm clocks screaming, karate kicks, gymnastic tumbles, and many, many, many hours spent gearing up for the groups I volunteer for.

Life is all that Mother Teresa expounds upon.  But do I truly take the time to smell the roses?  Overcome the struggles with grace?  Relish in God's blessings he has bestowed upon me?  Stay thankful for the things that we have in our life and not turn to those things we don't need to clutter up our home or our hearts?

***sigh***

Loving my moments in Colorado
It's time to sit a while.  Life is a treasure box.  God opened the lid for me the day I was born.  Mine is a life that is...

wonderful.
joyous.
sorrowful.
heartbreaking.
miraculous.
awesome.
fun.
jubilant.
challenging.
dynamic.
a gift.

Life is a puzzle that God created in a unique way for each of us, with overlapping pieces that create a masterpiece larger than our own little "life puzzle".  It's time I start really enjoying each piece of my puzzle with the words of Mother Teresa to help inspire.  That's my challenge to myself.  God willing, I won't fail.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear One,

The greatest gifts of God: life on this earth and life eternal with Him.

I agree with Mother Teresa (who is much wiser than I) and with you...

and with the secretary in Auntie Mame who yells at the end of the play,
"Life is a banquet, so EAT!" I've sometimes taken that a little too literally, I'm afraid.

In addition, I often recall the words of the speaker at your high school reunion who said to live your life leaving as few woulda, coulda, shoulda's at the end of it. There is wisdom in those words too.

You (all of us) are truly blessed; I'm glad that He has given me life to share with all of you.

Love always and forever,
Mom

Sarah Oldham said...

I think this is one of the best blog posts I have read in a VERY long long time! Thank you for sharing this beautiful prose with us!

Eriu said...

Wow.