Saturday, April 21, 2012

Kindred Spirits


My LD with one of her kindred spirits
  You learn from an early age the importance of that wonderful, magical, and vital part of each of our lives...now, there are many things that are of course filled with joy, but girlfriends, well...let's face it...kindred spirits are vital to our emotional stability as women.

 We need them to share some of life's curve balls, victories, disappointments, and of course...to share the topics of boys  husbands, kids, and  fashion.  I can't imagine life without girlfriends.  I think I may just be lost without mine.




Girlfriends sharing the chatter and
enjoying every minute.

I'd like to imagine myself as Thoreau-like in my love of being surrounded and immersed in nature.  I would love to picture myself living way away from the hustle and bustle.  An adorable cabin in the woods overlooking a mountain range complete with two rocking chairs (you don't think I'd want to be there without HH!)

However, I think I'd go insane. 
Utterly insane. 

I am a sensitive, proud, emotional wreck of a woman.  But, I can be that woman full of those qualities with grace when I am surrounded by my kindred spirits.  Even my HH knows that sometimes, all his love and encouragement when I'm down in the dumps, won't be the only motivator for me to pick myself up from whatever it is that is weighing me down.   That voice that only a girlfriend can use..."put on those big girl panties...and deal with it..." can act as the catalyst to rise up with a passion to fight for the solution, rally up the courage to try something new, squelch a fear and fill it with laughter. 

I do so love my HH.  My life is complete because he is my soul mate and partner in our dance through life.  He is my kindred spirit...my best friend...my confidant.  My girlfriends...well, they are the "wicked" good instruments that add the beat to my life.


1 comment:

Helo Gebos said...

And oh, how I miss you dear friend. You need to have a few extra chairs out on your porch for B & I. Then you & I get to catch up but the boys do too. Hope to talk to you soon.