Sunday, April 1, 2007

Visits are Sweet


The past month has been full of delightful moments spent with family. I always enjoy getting ready for visitors. It is almost as if the president were arriving at our door any moment. I'm all a twitter thinking of what is to come, R gets antsy and looks forward to the "new play friends", and Kendo, well he just can't wait to have another warm body to curl up on! The preparation of outings and meals makes the days leading up to the visit fly, but then a whirlwind of activity takes place and you are left at the end of the visit wishing it wouldn't end. Then you pick yourself up by the bootstraps and try to look forward to the next preparation, execution, and memories of the next visit. Who would have thought that after finding my way around Japan I would get so lost and confused when back in the comforts of my own country. Lucky for me, Frost's famous line from The Road Not Taken applies to my mom and papa. They are game for getting lost and the detours that one takes on the way to finding the way back to the "correct" path, or sometimes the path that "makes all the difference." Thanks to their visit, we've gotten out and explored our area even more and now the desire to dig beyond the scratch that we made is strong. So, guess that means we're ready for more visitors in our neck of the woods! Let the planning begin! I promise that we won't play Hail to the Chief to loudly as you enter the house!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Watch out what you wish for; it might come true! Chris and I were talking this morning and think October would be a good time to visit....

Look out Newport....
Here we plan to come!

PS> "Hail to the Chiefs" might be appropriate! We are, after all, SINCHouses!!!

Love,
Mom