Thursday, April 5, 2007

Hippitty Hop Hop Away the Rainy Day!


You have to love kids. I certainly adore mine. One of the things I love the most about him is his ability to make me laugh and see the lighter side of a bad situation. He's perfect for turning a rainy day into a rainbow without batting an eye. All he has to do is sing. I picked him up from school today and as usual, the mornings that he is in preschool are not "relaxing ones eating bonbons (I wish!) and today was not exception. With HH's 35th birthday rapidly approaching, an aerobics instructor who thought I was MIA over the past two weeks, and Easter bunny preparations going on my morning was chalk full of must do items. Usually a sunny day puts an extra bounce into my step, however, rainy days...well...they just make me crabby. That is until I walked into the school to see my handsome guy bouncing up and down, smiling from ear to ear as he shouted "hippity hop hop, hippity hop hop...look at HS bunny BOUNCE! I'm coming to your house leave out some carrot tops!!! Hippity hippity hop hop hop!" Well, clearly Ms. Nancy had taught them one song but HS modified it a little bit and was so into his jumping, hopping, and giggling that he didn't notice that the others in his class were finished. I tell you he's destined for stardom...The best part...he did it all with his bunny ears over his eyes and without thought to the fact that it was as gloomy and cold as it could be up here. Ahhhh...how good it feels to be crazy even on the rainiest of days!

No comments: