Monday, March 2, 2009

My Daily Creed


Let me be a little kinder,
Let me be a little blinder
To the faults of those about me;
Let me praise a little more.
Let me be, when I am weary,
Just a little bit more cheery;
Let me serve a little better
those that I am striving for.

Let me be a little braver
When temptation bids me waver;
Let me strive a little harder to be all
that I should be.
Let me be a little meeker
With the brother that is weaker,
Let me think more of my neighbour
And a little less of me.



How do I even begin to write this post? I've witnessed a lot of goodness coming from my kids over the past couple of weeks. Maybe it is because this week we entered the season of lent and I'm focusing in on things that I can do to become a better person. I know one thing. My kids have a lot of what I should strive to be.

I found the poem above while surfing scrapbook pages today. It certainly struck a cord on how I should be approaching the next 40 days. If HS and can share something so precious as his Valentine lollipop with LD, then I should be able to change a little too. Hurray for new credos.

No comments: