Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Enthralled


This morning I walked into LD's room to get little sleeping beauty up in time to take HS to school. For the past few weeks, she has chatted merrily in her crib and we know that she's ready to embrace the world. This morning, no chatting was heard. So, I braced for waking up a princess in her slumber. That can sometimes go the wrong way really fast. Much to my surprise, when I cracked open the door, there she was. Enthralled. Captivated. Silently entranced. With her belly button.

Yes, a monumental finding has occured. A "hole" in her abdomen. "What in the world is this for?" she seemed to say as she stared into its abyss. "Belly button." I said to her in slow motion. We've been working on her identifying her nose, mouth, head, and ears. Little did I even give a thought to that little opening in her buddaha belly. She's discovered it. All on her own. I'm so proud! I got her up, changed her diaper and kept saying, "belly button" as she continued to be enthralled. As we came downstairs to HS, I announced her discovery.

Now, when she hears "belly button" she looks down at her belly and still has a very peplexed look why there would be an opening right there, but hey, she can now identify, when asked, her nose, mouth, feet, and...belly button. We're on a roll!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Dear One,

What a delightful way to start a day... little one's, yours, and mine!

May her discoveries continue to be so enthralling...

Love always and forever,
Mom