Welcome to Mommy Cruise line. Our mission is set to the highest of goals. We have all that you need to create the perfect postcard vision of what Spring Break could be. Each Mommy Cruise personally takes the time to get to know their passengers to ensure a smooth sail, calm evenings spent pondering what more could have been crammed into the day, and provides delicious lunches very different to the crushed PB&J sandwiches and cup fruit, cup yogurt, and cup pudding that is so often found in lunchboxes across America. Tired of your days being full of other's needs? Here at Mommy Cruise's, we have a set amount of passengers. Yes, that's right. Only space for the siblings in each family. WOW! We can even merge our activities with other Mommy Cruise ships to ensure the favored amount of time of child interaction has been met. So, step aboard...enjoy the adventure. Let our Mommy do all the work. Ahhh...now that's Spring Break relaxation!
OK. So I'm being a little satirical in my ad for Mommy Cruise line. After two weeks of Spring Break, I think that I managed to devise a whole new meaning to chef, maid, secretary, and my absolute favorite: cruise director. Yes. That's me. I'm the activity coordinator for this clan and the great thing is that when I look around me, I'm not alone. Nope. No crying in my wine by myself. Each clan has their own personal facilitator who also dubs as the clan chauffeur specializing in lifeguarding and bellhopping. Our Spring Break was full of activity, bonding, and learning. Here's a snapshot of our 1st week of Spring Break.
Take a Hike! Our Spring Break would not have been complete without a hike with our DF's. So, off we went for a morning of hiking along enjoying the beauty of Hawaii, climbing the rock wall, and feeding flocks of geese. This was the first hike LD has done that she was not relegated to being carried on my back. Her happiness of this new "freedom" was evident in her squeals of delight as she raced ahead boldly going where her chubby legs had never taken her.
There you have it. Our Mommy cruise for week one of Spring Break. The second week of the cruise carried us off to another island. I'll save that story for the next blog. Oh, Mom, just in case you're wondering, I have changed my name to "Julie" and am trying vehemently to resurrect the Love Boat.
No comments:
Post a Comment