June Cleaver better watch out.
I can whip up some chocolate chip cookies in heels, dress, and not blink an eye. At least, that's what ended up happening on Tuesday.
After getting all dolled up for going to do our income tax (hey, sometimes a housewife wants to stop looking frumpy once in a while!), I returned home after going to the commissary and picking up HS only to find an email from the co-room mom for HS's class waiting for me. Apparently, no one had signed up to provide snacks for the Easter party.
"Well, I'll just fix that problem!" I said with a gleam in my eye. I swirled around, threw on my apron, gathered my supplies, and dove in. HH came home and took one look at me and said, "darlin', June Cleaver couldn't even stack up to you!"
Hmmm...think I'll take that as a compliment since he quickly grabbed the camera and not only took pictures of me baking, but requested one with me giving him a smooch.
Regardless, I'm a housewife who doesn't have a problem wearing the apron with pride....as long as my wedge sandals match my outfit!
Homemade chocolate cookies, anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment