Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Clan Cookery

Cookery \Cook"er*y\ (k[oo^]k"[~e]r*[y^]), n.

1. The art or process of preparing food for the table, by dressing, compounding, and the application of heat; cooking. [1913 Webster]

2. A delicacy; a dainty. [Obs.]


Oh my, if you stepped into our hale during this holiday season you would think we had all gone nuts. Tis the season to bake, bake, and BAKE! With HH off to a TDY to the East coast, he left the kids with a cookie fiend. I can't resist the smell of cookies baking in the oven and the act of decorating them for friends and HH's work. Maybe I should look into a "Cookie Bakers Annyomous"...I am Scullery Queen and yes, I have a problem...over baking!

The kiddos love the process just as much as me. They wore their aprons, helped mix up the dough, and then eagerly awaited the arrival of the baked cookie to decorate. HS is getting to be a real pro at cookie cutting and this marked the first year that he did all the measuring himself...with doubling the recipe! LD was just as thrilled to pat flour all over the counter, the floor, her face, her brother's face, and then put a big fluff of poweder on Kendo's nose.


I'm changing our name from Clan Hale (home) to Clan Cookery from now on during the holiday season! Stop on by for a warm gingerbread cookie, Christmas Incredible (ritz crackers with peanut butter in the middle dipped in chocolate), or a sugar cookie decorated with a Hawaiian flare.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Dear Ones,

Did you save some for PopPop and me, or are we cooking up a frenzy when we arrive? (Both are more than acceptable!)

Love ya,
Mom