HS wanted this year to simply write his thanks on paper. I don't know about you, but sometimes, the words mean more than the nicely wrapped package...
He wrote a letter for each of his teachers and created a little scrapbook page. Mrs. Patiak recieved the ones with red stars because he said, "she shines, mommy!" and his aid, "well...I think she'll like this because she said she likes Western stuff."
Later during the week, he came home with a letter to write to his 1st grade teacher who was retiring after more than 25 years of teaching. "I'm not sure what to say. I mean, she's taught a really long time!" In the end, he wrote from the heart of an 8 year old...
Dear Mrs. Brown,
My favorite part of first grade was having the insects in the classroom. I also liked drawing plar bears, the zoon field trip, and making snowflakes! You were a great 1st grade teacher! I hop you enjoy your retirement.
Love,
HS
How do you express thanks? Special letters written from the heart are sometimes the greatest treasures of all.
No comments:
Post a Comment