
Farewell 2nd Grade! HS has finished another year of school. It is amazing how quickly this year flew. Wasn't it yesterday that I decorated his bathroom mirror with positive thoughts for a productive and fun 1st day of school? Didn't he just enjoy his 1st day of school breakfast surrounded by a diningroom covered by a gazillion little cheers that I wrote to inspire a smile, a giggle, and relax the 1st day jitters?
I guess it's official. The last bell has sounded at HFCA. The last morning assembly of the year took place bright and early. Prayers were said, seventh graders waved palm branches sprinkled with holy water over each class (helping to symbolize that they were now the leaders of the school since the 8th graders had graduated), tears were shed by those leaving to move on to other places, and teachers and students were touched by the inspiration that grew from working along side of one another as they walked down the path of learning.
Reflecting on this year, I'd say it was a success. We needed this year to be phenomenal. We needed this year's teacher to inspire, lead, and watch the sparks of imagination take wing in HS. For all of my hopes and desires as I sent him off on that first day of 2nd grade, I'm left today on the last day of his 2nd grade, grateful. Honored. Proud.
Welcome to your summer, HS! You deserve it!
No comments:
Post a Comment