Saturday, October 2, 2010

Nothing Better

Each day, we go through the same homework ritual:

~ HS comes in from the lanai and shouts out, "HI! I'm back!"
~ We enjoy a snack before he heads to the kitchen table to work on his homework.
~ He works on his homework and then asks me to check over what he's done.
~ Necessary corrections are made.
~ Once he's been given the "OK" he sprints to put everything into his backpack.
~ He dashes up the stairs to change into play clothes.
~ He zooms out the door to play, calling out "ring the bell when you need me! I'll be playing war!"

Today, he threw an unexpected wrinkle into our anal retentive homework regime. He made my heart sing. It was really very simple. Three words written at the top of his cursive practice page:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear One,

Somehow I keep missing posts! I do not know how this happens, but one thing I do know....
He may not always say it,
He may not always show it,
But he always feels it...
your love... compassion... caring...love...

And he gratefully returns it to you!

How sincerely dear!
PLUS: Check out that handwriting... IT'S GREAT!

GOOD WORK, BIG GUY!

Love always and forever,
Mom