Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I'm 3


Dear World,

It is true.  Today I woke up and I was no longer two!  I have practiced blowing out my candles and look forward to eating some yummy cake.  We'll start off the morning with a ship passing by with the rails manned with sailors under a huge beautiful flag that mommy and daddy say stands for our great country.  Then, the sound of freedom will fill the sky as the jets go zooming by.  Oh how I love when they go over my head!  Finally, I'll sing with all my three-year-old might, the song that I've been singing everyday for at least the past week.  It's a big happy birthday you see...I'm now three!

Love,
The Diva





Dear Big Wide World,

It is true.  Today I woke up and my LD is no longer two!  It seems like yesterday that I was holding her so gently as she lay swaddled within my embrace.   I remember looking down and thanking God that he finally provided the prayer that each of us whispered so often.  Now I look out and she's running about making sure she shouts out, "watch me, I'm just like a busy bee and I'm a BIG three!"  

 Be kind to her world.  She's got such a big heart that matches the smile and the twinkle in her eyes.  She's sensitive and strong; daring and shy; beautiful and witty.  She'll wrap you around her finger and then hold you close as she chatters about her day: the babies she put to sleep, the play dough she shaped, and the moments with her buddy, Cody all while she twirls around with her tutu.  Oh, yes, it is true.  Today, I woke up and couldn't wait to see LD enjoy being three!

Love,
A Very
Protective Mommy

No comments: