There is something within each of us that comes alive when we hear music.
| LD and friend showcase dancing moves...preschool style. |
Your toe may feel the beat first followed quickly by the swaying of your legs as you try not to make a fool out of yourself in front of people that you don't know while sitting on a lawn with the lights, sounds, and rythms of Tops in Blue. Come on, you know what I'm talking about. The urge to sing the words along with at the top of your lungs and stand up and dance like you were 21 again...when you didn't care what you looked like. You just felt the music in your bones and moved.
| HS takes on air as Tops in Blue takes on Lady Gaga. |
A great group of airmen who are on stage doing what they love. Entertaining. And the people who they are singing their hearts out for...are feeling their music awaken their souls. I've often said that if I had joined any service, it would have been the Air Force. If only to be a member of Tops in Blue. Yep. You read that right. I would have considered the military as a career if for only the year I could be a member of Tops in Blue.
HH and I watched tonight as our kids felt that pulse of a drumbeat, the squeal of the electric guitar, and the powerful voices filling the air with music ranging from the latest in Pop to the old classics of my own youth (NO, I'm not that old, but play some 80s music and you'll see a whole new dimension to this gal!). Both were dancing just like I love to see them dance. They are letting music fill their lives. One song at a time. Years from now, they'll remember just like I remember myself doing at their age during a Tops in Blue concert. Dancing until your feet are numb, singing along with your favorite hits, and standing ever so proudly next to your parents and singing "Proud to Be an American" even as the tears stream down your face.
| Being stationed by an Air Force Base has its advantages... this clan is lookin' forward to Tops in Blue 2012! |
The ride home in the car after any Tops in Blue concert is riddled with the sense of waiting. For another year to go by so that you can sit on the lawn once more and await the moment that you can dance and sing as your soul is awakened, Tops in Blue style.
No comments:
Post a Comment