Sunday, January 30, 2011

Save the Scout Hut

I am only one, but I am one. 
I cannot do everything, but I can do something. 
And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. 
~Edward Everett Hale

As many of you know, our family has been extremly involved with Pack 388. HH has served with pride as the Pack Cubmaster for the past two years and I have enjoyed being a den leader and now feel the positive energy pouring forth from the Pack while serving as the Pack Committee Chair.

Our pack is comprised of 50 energetic, motivated, inquisitive Scouts coming from military families stationed onboard Pearl Harbor. This is a region that breathes history and the desire to protect and safeguard it. Our pack, along with our brother Boy Scout Troop have proudly served the needs of military families and their boys for over 30 years. Unfortunatly, our meeting space is being threatened by a housing company that says that they "care"  about our military families.
It is with a heavy heart that I turn to all Pack 388 families,  friends, family, and Forest City residents.   I impore you to help save the Old McGrew Point Community Center, aka the "Scout Hut",from being demolished this April. This community center serves the needs of many of our youth through quality Boy Scout, Cub Scout, and Girl Scout programs.

I humbly ask that each of you reflects on how you can best help us fight the good fight and how you can help us take action to help stop Forest City from taking away from our youth and our ability to have history continue to be carried on within these Troops and Pack.

Spread the word, use your voices to resound within the halls of democracy, talk to those within our military family who have the power and ability to help us change the outcome of tearing down a building that is not condemed; but alive in the hearts, minds, and spirit of our youth.

Help us save the Scout Hut.

No comments: