| Sometimes being a big brother is even better than being a superhero. ~Marc Brown |
Please don't try to get me a psych eval when I write this, because I know that what I'm about ready to write will probably be a null point as I listen to them banter and fume, but I have to say, right now, at this stage in their lives, they are on an upswing and life between my darlin's is amusing to see. LD tries desperately to keep up with her big bro. She walks like him, attempts to use the same words as he does, and even tries to mirror his mannerisms. Some days, he cherishes the puppet who stands beside him, other days he finds her slightly annoying, and other days, well...those are the days I try to remind him that without her, he'd be awful alone sometimes. She is his instant playmate, his follower, fellow snack conspirator, and ally. Her object is not to be his nemesis. Well, not always anyway!
The giggles that ensue are music to my ears. The drama that unfolds if they are on an "off" day is not.
But today, this day is one I will cherish.
It's the day he turned down playing with his friends in favor of taking a walk with his little sis
She couldn't have been more thrilled that her favorite superhero of all was right along side of her,
exploring, dancing, skipping, and hopping
through one of her moments in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment