![]() |
| My Darlin' and Me The Beginning of our Journey May 1996 |
At the time, neither one of us knew what life held for us. We were young (23 and 21), crazy in love, and ready to be husband and wife in the eyes of God and man. He was studying law and I was ready to start my teaching career. We knew one thing for sure...we were going to enjoy the wild ride of life: together.
I remember many moments from that day. The wink he gave me as I looked at him through my veil, the giggles we shared as he tried to lift me and the weight of my silk wedding dress over the threshold for the 1st time (he would find that I was much lighter when he carried me into the 1st home we lived in.), our 1st dance to Unforgettable (the same that we were dancing to when he whispered his marriage proposal into my ear a year earlier on the dance floor of the Homestead), squeezing our hands three times in a row (our secret "I love you" when we can't verbally say it) at moments that we were chatting with guests, but couldn't wait to chat with just each other.
Then there the moments of our honeymoon to Bermuda. HH's first of many to come during our 15 years being married to surprise the snot out of me (a task that is not easy for a snoop like me!) since I had no idea where we were going until I woke up the day after our wedding and opened the gift he was handing me. How can I forget the horseback ride on the beach our last day? The laughter we shared while we split a cheeseburger in a remote part of the island because the food prices were astronomical and we were poor newlyweds in Bermuda. Our endless chatter as we sat waiting for the island bus that would never show up but thanks to a little old man who toddled out of his house, our wait would be no more as we raced to catch the last bus of the evening down the lane. Admiring the view of Bermuda from the Gibbs Hill Lighthouse as we kissed and heard a little kid say, "mooommm...they're kissing...we can't go out there." This would also be his first experience with my obsessive travel plans. He'll tell you stories of that if you'd like to know more. Suffice to say, we saw each of the 9 parishes, hiked the old railroad, explored the nooks and crannies of the island, and marveled at the historic churches in each parish, and devoured the delish "Bermuda Fish Chowder."
![]() |
| My Darlin' and Me after 15 Years of Growing Together April 2011 |
How do I measure 15 years?
As any military wife does.
In numbers,
In pack-outs,
In address changes,
and duty stations.
and
In love.
5, 475 days
1, 314,00 hours
7,884,00 minutes
1 wedding
1 wedding vow renewal at our 10th Anniversary
2 kids
4 godparents
4 furry kids
8 duty stations
2 mistress' (aka ships. Not women.)
10 address changes
4 master's degrees
6 cars
infinite moments that are "unforgettable"
Oh you got to got to
Remember the love!
Remember the love!
You know that love is a gift from up above
Share love, give love spread love
Measure measure your life in love.
Happy 15th Anniversary, my love!


1 comment:
Ohm my dear ones...
It has been our joy and pleasure to watch your love grow and flower...
How I too remember that day complete with the thunderstorm and downpour that caused may of your guests to be literally making puddles in the pews!
I also remember you saying, "It's an OMEN... we need to stop...heaven is crying..."... all symptoms of nerves running away with the bride...
How glad we are that the thunderstorm was symptomatic not of disaster but of showers of blessings!
We are so blessed to be part of your adventure.. See you in a couple of weeks!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment