Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Werewolf Meet Butterfly

What happens when you cross together one spunky Nine year-old Werewolf... 



 ...with a flitty flighty Three and three quarters year-old butterfly?
















The perfect combination, of course!
















This Halloween started off a little horribly rocky.  Even a bottle glass of wine wouldn't help me say it started off splendidly.  I'm not going to deny it.  Seriously, I'm not. 

After a delightful sibling fight in front of half our neighborhood at a potluck that was indended to be "fun" for all of us, I had almost decided that my kiddos weren't going to go trick-or-treating.   If there is one thing this momma can't stand...it's being embarassed by their bouts of horrific behavior.  However, they rallied together and plotted worked together ensuring their quest to gather candy and partake in good ole neighborhood door-to-door trick-or-treating occured...hand in hand.  

I have to hand it to them, they forgave oneanother, wiped the tears, and headed out for the evening.  I may be a little glad of the fight.  It made HS be glued to LD for the rest of the evening.  My days are numbered that he will want to choose to be with mom and lil sis over his buddies.  The day will come that he won't want to "strike a deal" because what he wanted was to spend time with friends...not family.

Thankfully, the half hour of torment and tears faded.  I watched with joy as they went door-to-door hand in hand...almost perfecting the deal they had made to me.   Regardless of their sibling spats, they do have a lot of fun moments together.  

I think HS's memory of almost getting to go around (with me two or three houses behind...that was the deal pre-fight much to my reluctance) faded and turned into a memory for them to look back and say with a start...

remember that year we fought and got mom sooo mad she almost took away trick-or-treating?   She sure is a sucker for us!  All it took was coming downstairs hand in hand and looking up at her with our big blue eyes and vowing we'd love eachother...for the rest of the night...as we trick-or-treated?  Then she made us promise we'd hold hands with one another around the entire neighborhood...man, she didn't waiver on that!

No comments: