Friday, May 31, 2013

Cabin, Woods, & Family = Bliss

Combine a cabin, woods, & family and I'd say life is pretty grand.  I am not a city gal by any stretch of the imagination.  I like to go visit the big city, but I am most comfortable when I am in shorts, hiking boots, and hear the calls of nature luring me down a forest trail.  I would take that over the jam packed pavement filled streets of major cities any day.  No doubt about it.

Knowing my love of the outdoors, HH proposed a camping trip with my parents for my birthday weekend.  Mom and Papa jumped on board the idea and...viola!...we had the perfect cabin reserved for a birthday weekend at Shenandoah River State Park.  Compliments of my handy dandy tour planner...mom!   We headed off on Friday afternoon for our "cabining" weekend, leaving the stress of life behind. Lexus was packed to the brim with excitement. The kids chatted as we headed down the road about what they must do with grandma and PopPop. HH smiled as 66 allowed us to pass quickly away from NoVA and into the Virginia of his youth. Cody panted happily as he no doubt was conjuring up visions of squirrels and chipmunks that awaited his arrival. As for me, any chance to get away with my family brings a smile. Any chance to see my parents makes me thrilled. That in a nutshell is what will make this tour here worth everything.

Virginia state park cabins are truly "home away from home" with everything we need for comfort without the pull of electronics *say adios to cell phone service* *bye-bye TV and gameing*. We were ready for a weekend that focused on family building and fun.

I can think of no better way to celebrate turning almost "4" than taking in the beauty of the Shenandoah River with five of my favorite peeps. As the sun slips away, the campfire begins to glow and crackle. S'mores fill our bellies as stars light up the sky. An owl hoots and tree frogs and crickets fill the air with a chorus and the night concert begins.



No comments: