Thursday, May 30, 2013

Driven by One Mission


My name is Cody.  You can call me Big Lug.
 I am driven by one mission and one mission only.

Protect My Yard.

Everyday.
Every hour.
Every minute.
Every second.

From the countless invaders that I believe may pose a threat.

Invader 1:
Last seen clinging and eating
from a "squirrel proof" feeder while showing
his backside to the kitchen window

Invader 2:
Goes by the name of Chip.  He hails from
the Clan o' Chip living in the stonewall.
Notorious for sitting under the roof
waiting for me to come question him.

My Infamous Pose:
Most invaders lurk in the pine trees surrounding
my yard.
 It is imperative that I never look down.
They're waiting for this moment of weakness.

Invader 3:
Known as Dale.
Hails from Clan o' Dale
located under the lanai.
Known to chirp
loudly when he sees or believes Alvin
from Clan o'Alvin hailing from the front
yard rocks is coming into the back
yard.
He is also known for overstuffing
his mouth with seed.
Invader 4:
Name is unknown.
Don't let his size fool you.
 I'm sure he's vicious.
Invader 5:
Little Boy Blue.
He doesn't have a bugle, but he is crazy wild.
He has a tendency to cause alarm in all my other invaders.
Chaos and scampering occurs at the slightest wing beat.

Me:
Always running about the yard.
Tendency to wear out my human family's
arms as they throw my tennis ball.
My girth is known to cause a great deal of clumsiness.
Hence my nickname, Big Lug.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love to see a man (dog) who enjoys his job... If only everyone could be so gleefully alert and joyful for every minute of every day!

The world is, indeed a dangerous place full of lions, and tigers, and bears, oh my....

But up against the darkness stands SUPER LUG! Long may his tail wave!

Kristi said...

I love your blog!!!