Saturday, September 13, 2008

9 Month Milestone



"Nooooo!!!!"

I'm silently screaming inside...only I think you may have been able to hear me all over the island the other day as our princess turned 9 months. Someone said to me when they asked how old she was in the commissary, "well only 3 more months until she is 1...what are you doing for her party?"

Oh my God! That's just not possible...I can still see her bald as a billiard ball and snuggling against my chest...and so tiny!!! Please let her continue that snuggles with mommy, the patting of my cheeks and then the head laying against my shoulder are so dear. I've waited so long and God is making her grow so quickly. HS keeps telling me not to worry. "Mommy, it's Ok...we're not going anywhere. We'll live with you...forever."

Well, if LD could talk maybe she'd say the same thing as she plants wet, open gummy kisses on my lips, giggles into my ear, and lets a sigh of contentment escape everytime I hold her before she sleeps. Oh, how I adore the face, little toes, and little giggles of my 9 month old princess.


Favorite Foods:
Broccoli
Green beans
Apples
Pineapple
Cheerios
Puffies
Expressions:
~Air puffs with her lower lip over her upper
~Furrowing of the brows as she concentrates on little details in
her toys, clothing, or tags
~Cheerleader LD! She adores putting her chubby arms over her head
and bouncing them as if she were holding pompoms. She makes a
"ra-ra-ra" sound and then giggles
Toys/Games
~Chase the mommy
~Little people farm animals (to chew on)
~Mr. Octopus circle sorter (anytime she makes the music go on she
giggles
~Kendo Kitty (what a pushover he is. there is no denying that she
has him wrapped around her little chubby finger...LD can lay on him
and pounce and he purrs)
Words:
Momma
baaa (for bottle)
rraraa (sometimes said when she looks at HS)
Quirks:
~If I'm around, don't think you'll be holding her...she is fine
until she sees me and then it's all over...hand her over because
she'll push until she gets to me (this drives my poor HH insane)
~Wakes up at the same time every early morn and chats to herself
and then goes back to sleep

No comments: