Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Under the Glow of Lobsta'



Settling down this evenin' with my glass of wine and laptop after spending a great evening with kids (HH is sadly on his round of night watches) and getting them into bed, I'm feeling wicked good thanks to dear friends who are still in New England.

The other day, two packages came in the mail days after one another. One contained a Sox book for HS, Dunkin' cawfee for the two adult cawfee addicts, and a toy for LD. The other was just what we needed to help set mood lighting on the lanai...lobsta lights! Oh how good it is to know that even though I may be miles upon miles away from New England, I've got the Sox, Lobsta, and Dunkin' any night I want.

For those neighbors, not lucky enough to be chilled to the bone during a winter in Newpawt, who will come over to share a meal under the glow of our lobsta' and they'll leave with a new appreciation for a place other than this "paradise."
As for those who have been lucky enough to land a tour and live in New England (I fully admit that I am bias!), the lobsta lights and Sox book will serve as reminders of all the smells (some not so nice but oh my God do they taste delicious!!!) and charm of the New Englanders during Sox and the Pat's seasons (think of that nice Red "B" and flying Elvis hats as your instant tickets to be liked by the locals). Visions of historic and quaint towns with a central square and beautiful Catholic churches and historic homes will conjure up fond memories of attempting to live the lifestyle of a bygone era (quirky 100 year-old houses, oil deliveries, and chipping ice off the steps in the late afternoon before the temp. plummets again).

Thank you to two dear friends who knew just what I needed to make this new place feel more like home. Your housewarming gifts touched my heart. I love you! Come on over now so we can hang out on the beach and then enjoy some wine under my lobsta'!

No comments: