I love fall. I love everything about this season. Halloween is a perfect way to "fall" head first into a season that will keep rolling all the way for us until the New Year. Celebrations abound and last night, for the first time in a long time, we attended a Halloween party without the kiddos.
Once I heard that we were invited to a costume party, HH and I were thrown into the fiasco of planning what we should be. Do we go as a couple theme or strike out on our own? We muled through several ideas...UPS man delivering a special package, Corny Hawaiian tourists, and hula dancers (HH said a mighty h*** no to that one...he wouldn't be caught dead in a loin cloth and branches). With each idea, we were caught in a nasty spiral of disagreeing on who or what we should dress as. HH continually went back to his idea whenever we couldn't agree on something else. "Darlin' you'd look great as Mrs. MacArthur...really..." he would try to sneak in as we sat over dinners. "Oh yeah, that's great...let me be the old lady" I would mumble.
Thankfully, the party store held the solution to our problem. As I searched the costume aisle with desperation, my eyes honed in on a Japanese styled wig. Angels sang above my head. I flashed to myself with white make-up, yukata, and wig. In my vision, HH stood next to me as his hero, General Douglas MacArthur. It was brilliant. General meets Geisha during visit to Tokyo. When I proposed the idea to HH, he jumped at the chance to finally agree to his hopes and aspirations of being a General for the evenin' and with that, our thoughts turned to the excitement of dressing up for the party.
There you have it. This year was a blast for HH and I. As we walked back to the house, HH put his arm around me and whispered, "How about becoming Admiral and Mrs. Nimitz next year?" Geezzzz...could we be rockers instead?
No comments:
Post a Comment