Monday, October 27, 2008
Startin' off Right
Saturday morning I awoke to a wonderful sound. It wasn't the screams of the bad guys as the good Star Wars characters overtook an enemy base or Scooby Dooby and Shaggy having the same age old problems as they helped solve a mystery with the rest of their crew. My heart leaped as I headed down the hallway to LD's room and peered through the crack.
There was HS standing in front of a very excited little sister, reading one of her books to her. "You're not my mommy!" HS exclaimed as he showed her the pictures and used his best voice inflections. LD bounced happily in her crib busily chatting to her awesome big brother.
I enjoyed watching the story unfold and told HS at the end of his storytime that my goodness, big brothers like him are hard to find. "My heart told me to do it, mommy" he replied with a serious look. "God gave me a little sister to love, so I'm loving her."
Ahhhh...another "out of the mouths of babes" lesson. I wondered all day if I would find him in her room again tenderly reading her a morning book. I didn't have to wonder long.
This morning, I heard the squeak of HS's door opening and then a few seconds later the familiar squeak of LD's. A shuffle of feet and a stirring of the books I keep near the rocking chair insued. Finally, the sweet sound of a child's voice reading a good mornin' story. What a way to wake-up and all because he's following his heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Ones,
Yes,out of the mouths and hearts of babes are life's greatest truths revealed.
We are all blessed by God with the treasures of marvelous, healthy children to love!
Thank you for this little reminder! I loved HSs little hop at the end of his story... He has done that since he was little!
Grandma
Post a Comment