Is it possible that it has been four years already? It just seems like yesterday that my precious little niece was born. I recall so vividly
~hearing the good news from my sister that she was expecting
~crying so hard when I found out I was going to miss the birth because HH's orders changed suddenly (I've never quite forgiven the Navy for that one)
~feeling her kick whenver I had "womb" conversations with her
~hearing my sister's voice when she told me my lovely niece was beautiful
~holding her for the first time after she traveled to see me after one hell of a long plane ride for such a little person
~smiles that would melt any proud auntie's heart
~handprint poems that hung on the refrigerator until the next masterpiece came from her
~babbling on the phone to her before she could even talk
~singing with oneanother even though miles separated us the phone kept us connected
~playing legos with her for the 1st time she got to open "big girl" legos
~listening to her stories of gymnastics, storytime, and being with her mommy
~giggling over cookie dough
~hearing her say "my auntie" for the first time
~craving being with her every time we are so far apart just so I can see her face light up as she dances and puts on a show for all of us
~countless hours reading to her on the potty (she adores books)
~watching her so tenderly touch LD for the 1st time as she brimmed with pride
Oh how can it be that my little niece is no longer three? She's making me prouder every day as she continues to grow bigger and wiser. Happy 4th Birthday, darlin'! See you soon alligator!
1 comment:
This is a marvelous testament to a truly wonderful and wise little girl. She idolizes her auntie...that is clear as she mentions you on a daily basis...
You are both lucky to have such a great relationship!
Keep it up, Auntie the Magnificient!
Mom
Post a Comment