Saturday, November 22, 2008

Motto Addendum

For years, I have firmly stood by my motto, "Live well, Laugh often, Love Much, and Live Every day as If It Were Your Last." However, searching around on the Internet today for primitive and country decor, I came across another that spoke out loud and clear. I'll never brush aside the previous motto, but this one will certainly be added into my mind's collection of how I want to live my life. Proudly presenting my newest addendum to my motto collection:


Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride"!


So come on, grab life by the horns, hold on tight to that chocolate bar, toast to your friends and family with a nice glass of wine, and look forward to shouting out "WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN to this one!

I recall the wise words of a graduation speaker who said,
"Do not live your life in such a way that you come to the end of it with a list of 'woulda, coulda, shouldas.'"

Your new motto says the same thing, spoken in a new way. I will embrace it with exception to the wine... You know me and wine... Not so much!

I would also add your Papa's motto: "Do only that which is legal, moral, ethical, and in the best interest of yourself and your family."

So far, I think we are all embracing these mottoes to the best of our abilities.... Good for us!

Love always and forever.

Mom