I have a confession...I gave birth to a turkey lurkey! HS's Thanksgiving feast(see what I get myself into when I ask if there is a Thanksgiving meal planned for his 1st grade class...I get to plan it!) was today. I count myself lucky that we have a room full of eager parents. We sent out a request for food and voila! We had a feast fit for a room full of 1st graders. What we didn't bank on was how crazy our little turkey's would be as we rapidly approached Thanksgiving.
All decked out in Indian vests and headdresses, we thanked God for all his wonderful blessings and then the festivities began. They were in full speed ahead mode and I'm not sure, but most hit the dessert table at least twice. I know for sure HS ate at least three desserts after enjoying turkey, stuffin', chow fun, lo mien, and oh...I can't forget...musubi.
Yep, it's turkey week. The festivities around here are already full speed towards the very special day. As you get ready to prepare your special feast, I leave you with one last advice for all those turkeys out there:
Mr. Turkey
Mr. Turkey, better watch out!
Thanksgiving day is coming!
If you're not careful, you'll end up
In someone's hungry tummy!
Mr. Turkey, run, run, run!
Please run away and hide!
Mr. Turnkey, run, run, run!
Don't wait around outside!
2 comments:
I'm a bit annoyed... not with the picture which is adorable, but the song's connection in my mind.
I have only one word to say about this little "Turkey" ditty and the "scribble, scrabble" comment with regard to a dear little boy's art...
His depiction of his Thanksgiving scene was THIS! What was that teacher thinking...I'd like to trim her tail feathers a little (well, maybe a LOT!).
Enough frustration for now. I'm so sorry that she could not see the impetus for the wonderfully creative interpretation of this adorable holiday song!
By the way, I do not see one "wooden" Indian in the group...They ALL appear to be quite animated!
Mom
Dear One,
I just looked at the picture in full-screen mode. It brought back memories of a little Indian whom we helped make his first vest in pre-school in Japan. Do you recall that experience? Do you still have the vest?
I am glad that the chief has come out of his shell a little... In the pre-school program, he was silent and withdrawn... What a far cry from the assertive warrior with the corn feather seen in this picture!
You go, guy!
Love it,
Grandma
Post a Comment