Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thirteen Years


An anniversary is a time to celebrate the joys of today, the memories of yesterday, and the hopes of tomorrow. ~Author Unknown


If I felt like a Queen yesterday for Mother's Day, I feel like an Empress today. This day marks our 13th Wedding Anniversary. I went to sleep last night pondering that number. 13. 13 years of sharing my life with my HH. 4,745 days spent thinking of one another and building our lives together. 111,380 hours relishing in life's joys and sorrows. It is amazing.

When we announced we were getting married, I can remember the low grumbling among those who we held dear...they're too young. They may not make it. Well. 13 years later we are still together and stronger than ever. HH is still the one that makes my heart sing, my mind go dizzy when we're able to have life slow down enough to truly relish the joys of just being together, and yes, no matter how many times I may think we got married too young, the same point always comes back: we've grown up together just like a mighty tree and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Trece . Ju-san. 13. 13 Wonderful years. I may be very superstitious (those who have known me since before we were married know that everything was an omen)when it comes to numbers (I would take an even number over an odd any day) but right now, I'm relishing. We've had some pretty wonderful moments together over those years. I'm ready to dive back into another year spent with a man who certainly worked very hard to make me realize that he was my soul mate.

Here's just a brief snapshot of 13 things that make me love being with HH:

13. Dreaming of our future over glasses of wine are always nice on the lanai.
12. Watching movies snuggled up on the sofa are heavenly.
11. Eating delicious fresh sushi in Tsukiji is awesome.
10. Seeing his face in our children's faces when he's deployed.
9. Snorkeling just the two of us holding hands.
8. Hiking and stopping to sit on a log just to look at eachother for a moment.
7. Crawling in to bed and and then just listening to him breathe. Thankful he's
home.
6. Traveling Asia together and being shocked that we fit in so well with anal
retentive countries.
5. Singing crazy songs just because.
4. Craddling our children as babies for the 1st time and realizing we get to do
that forever with them.
3. Deployment homecomings
2. Thinking enough about me on a run that he brings back one of my favorites:
plumeria.
1. Kissing and then realizing that one of kids is staring up at us with a smile
from an ear to ear.


I love you, darlin'. Happy 13th Anniversary.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Some thought you were too young? I didn't know that. I thought you were/are great together. You were always so cute when he came to visit.
Congratulations! And best wishes for many, many, many more wonderful years together.