
Lately, I've been enjoying reading other blogs. I think that's what inspired me to write my own in the first place. I enjoyed the idea of family and friends being able to quickly get the latest update without having to wait for an email or get a "mass" email...remember those? Writing the blog seems to also be my moment. My time to sit, reflect, and process the world that is moving around me.
During November, I find myself thinking of how quickly the holiday season is upon all of us. It was just yesterday that we were dressing last year's Thanksgiving turkey...now I'm gearing up to dress another! This year, I'd like to take an idea from a blog that I frequently read...she has been listing three things she is grateful/thankful for each day. Well, I'm going to modify that to my Monday and Wednesday posts for all this month. So, here are what come to mind for this Monday:
Grateful for the Fantastic 4
HH:
Talk about a patient man. He sat in my college dorm room and just listened to me chat about silly stuff. He waited for me to say "yes" to dating him after repeatedly hearing me say, "no...we're great friends!" Thirteen years of marriage, and he is still happy to sit with me snuggled up and hear me chat up nothing in particular. He is my sounding board and thank God for his patience. I'm not always easy to take. I'm enamored by him. He is dedicated to his job, his kids, and me. Even on his most demanding days, he will walk in the door, give me a kiss and answer the call to playing with one of the kiddos. He is an amazing man that when I first met him really didn't know himself nor did he have the confidence in his ablities. Now, he is confident, driven, and continues to inspire me to be better through his example.
HS:
My adventure buddy, my unique little soul who looks like my HH but has my personality. He has tried my patience since entering elementary school, but his compassion, creativity, and quest for adventure keep me mesmorized. I'm always wondering what he'll say or do next. He's better than watching television. He is on a mission to excel in what he does, he just marches to the beat of a different drum from many around him. That makes me love him all the more.LD:
I'm so thankful to God for finally giving us the opportunity to add to our clan. Years of pain and tears left our family of 3 feeling like we were strong together but were missing an important final piece to our clan. LD is that piece. She's mellow, loving, happy, and 100% addicted to the rest of us. She gets us all in the spirit of dancing together, laughing at her silly faces, and yearning to always be the person who she can't wait to tell a story to.
My Darlin' Kids Together:
The kids are changing at an almost alarming rate. I never thought when I was teaching and watching parents with their children that when I had my own children the days would fly. I've mentioned frequently in my posts how I wish there was a pause or freeze button (conversely, for those moments that they are being holy terrors, I wish I could hit a fast forward). Lately, I've realized how much HS has evolved into a very independant soul. He is going to morph overnight into a teenager and I'm honestly not ready...he aleady is almost my height! LD no longer has her baby face. I've shed a number of tears over that...I know she is our last baby and there are days that I wish I knew I was capable of having more. Knowing that makes me wish she'd stay little for much longer. I can barely remember holding HS in my arms and now, LD with a full head of hair that is now as long as her shoulders, I have to really concentrate to remember her baldness.
No comments:
Post a Comment