Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sounds of Music

The other day, HS raced into the house after piano lessons holding out a book. In a breathless state of excitement he announced: "Look, mom! Lines! I have lines to play now! And...guess what...you don't need to play Christmas music on the stero...I can play the music now!"
I think after a daily dose of watching big brother play the piano, LD has decided that she is ready to begin her training. Only problem...she can't reach the pedals! That didn't seem to stop her from shouting out: "Mama! Watch!" as she busily played her own song.





Yes, we have sounds of music coming from our house. I doubt with a line reading pianist living here that much will be played this year over our speakers. I'm perfectly fine with that. Nothing sounds better than the plinking of a budding artist who is loving what he's doing. Right by his side is a sister who thinks the world of making music with him. Stop by and you may hear singing, giggling, Jingle Bells, a personal composition, or even if you're really lucky...the sounds of two kids playing for the love of hearing the world pause for a moment around them.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Dear One,

What a cutie patootie! I see your reflection in her joyful face.

Love always and forever,
Mom