Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful Thoughts...Time


Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.
~Carl Sandburg


Thankful for Time

Alone
It's interesting how much I crave solitude. I think it comes after I've spent the entire day listening to others, laughing and talking with my family and friends, and being on the go...constantly. I love to curl up on the bed and read free of distractions and the phone. Writing this blog while LD has her afternoon nap is always a joy. The moments of being alone help me recenter, refocus, and realize that my time alone ensures that the rest of the family will get a better piece of me.


Couple Time
Evenings chatting on the lanai when the house inside snores and dreams, brings HH and I back to where our relationship first took root: a wonderful conversation. We love our moments together on date evenings and enjoy snuggling on the sofa during a movie or while watching one of our favorite TV shows. Time spent just the two of us makes sure that the intimacy so vital in a relationship is burning. The kids will thank us when we celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.


Children
What better way to remain young at heart than by sitting on the floor building with Legos or playing princess. HS keeps me in line with the school age angst, interests, and laughter. LD makes me stay limber as I dance around like a silly nilly while belting out our favorite songs from Music Together.

Time stands still for no one. That's while I'm thankful for the time that has been given to me. The seconds turn into minutes; minutes into hours; and hours into the memories that I reflect upon. Time brings me the joy that creeps across my face as witnessed in the smile or wink of a loved one. Time. What do do with yours?

1 comment:

Mom said...

Treasure each moment. Nothing is promised except the joy of each beat of your heart.