Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Moon Crazed

Honestly, I read the first book in the Twilight series because it was the read of the month last year for a book club. I was less than impressed. I know...I know...that's like saying Chocolate ice-cream isn't yummy or that Snickers bars need to be made without all the caramel and nuts. My feeling of the first book is that it had potential...so, I read through the first book...painfully holding onto it without putting it down unfinished. The second in the series, was a little less painful. The writing had evolved and I trudged through without as much pain. The third kept me awake reading way into the night and by the last book, I swear you would have thought that I had transformed into a vampire with the pale face and sunken eyes...only I didn't glisten like diamonds as they do in the book.

As far as the movies are concerned, I'm feeling like they are moving along as well as my readings of the book. I hated the acting in the first, guess I chalk that also to the fact that I am not a teeny bopper who is addicted to the latest heart throb. However, the excitement and anticipation for seeing the second movie, New Moon, led me to a gals night out and standing in line with 100 of my closet friends.

We enjoyed sitting in near-perfect seats and were enthralled for the next two hours with the fact that a 17 year-old could have muscles like the ones that Jacob had. Cougarville here we come...by the end of the movie, I am definitely more excited for the next in the series to hit the big screen. From the numbers who flocked to the theaters, Eclipse, the third in the series is sure to be another gal evenin'. Thank goodness for Fandango and fun friends.

In case you were wondering:

* New Moon makes history, becomes third biggest grosser.
* By the end of opening weekend it had made $140.7 million and $258.8 million
worldwide.
* I am still enthralled by Team Edward...but for this movie I ran to Team Jacob's
side.


Special Note:
Thank you HH for watching the kids so I could squeal along with the other 10 gals who joined us on this movie evenin' and giggle like a schoolgirl during the movie!

2 comments:

Baby Kry said...

I still need to go see the movie..can you belive I haven't gone yet!!!

Mom said...

I read the first book.

Thought:
Wake up, girl, he wants your blood!

Thought:
Silly girl, you aren't listening!

Thought:
You cannot stop a hormonal girl with a death wish. End of story for me.