| HS and Shelby ready for their daily walk |
He is riding on cloud nine right now. Someone gave him a him job and by gosh, they think he's responsible! I could hug these neighbors right about now, especially after the not so great feelings that he gets about himself during the school day. They gave him a great challenge and HS is rising well to the challenge. Shelby, our "adopted" son for the week, is doing really well following HS's commands and lead. HS gets him first thing in the morning for his outside time while he gets ready for school and then is sure to tell me, "now, Mom, remember, you have to watch Shelby while I'm gone. I'll take over when I get back from school." So there you have it, I'm taking orders now from my rather grown-up acting, responsible, and so loving darlin'.
By the time he gets home from school, I can't tell whose biting at the bit to go for a walk more...HS or Shelby. One more positive to this new found feeling of responsibility...he's taking care of Cody now, too! Today, after writing an e-mail to Shelby's mom and dad, HS leaned over and whispered, "after I finish saving my money mom, I may just have to take you out for sushi." Now that, would be woof-erful!
No comments:
Post a Comment