The dog pictured above may as well be one of my children.
Although he walks around on four legs, sheds tons of fur, and slobbers over tennis balls, and prefers a stick in his mouth over a lollipop, he is one of our children. I didn't give birth to him, but seriously, the amount of worry that he causes is akin to those my human children create.
This dog is driving me crazy insane right now.
Don't get me wrong. I adore him. I really do.
The problem is that we've been fighting a tummy bug since the middle of May. He got over it, resumed eating his "special diet" aka high end vet prescribed food only to say, blech and refuse to eat. So, we started the process all over again after an expensive trip to the vet, round of testing, all to say that there is no problem. We bring him home only to have him return a week later, this time with my HH.
Diagnosis: he has a sensitive tummy tract.
So, here were are three weeks of dealing with special soft food only. Then slowly introducing hard kibble. Finally, lessening up on the soft food. He was doing GREAT. Well, now he has decided that what he really wants to eat over anything else in the world. His soft food. Give him soft food only and he devours it. Give him soft and kibble and he turns his nose up and walks away. Great.
Picky eaters are found even in our furry kids. Looks like we have one in the clan. Excuse me now while I try to entice him to eat his yummy expensive prescription kibble.
This dog is extra special.
This dog is hysterical.
This dog is picky!
This dog is making me crazy!
St. Francis, please intercede for me at our time of need.

2 comments:
That is pretty funny!! I think I would cry. I have three picky kids and that's bad enough.
I am about ready to pull my hair out he is getting so picky...I have to be awfully crafty to get him to eat his kibble! Ugh!
Thanks for stopping by to read :)
Post a Comment