
When God decided to provide a sibling for my older sister, I'm so glad he decided to send me.
As a child she was the one that I wanted to be just like. She showed me how to be an Army troop in the woods using walkie talkies, developed great story lines for my collection of Barbie's, took me to my first rock concert (I'm still in love with R.E.M. after that!), showed me it was OK to be ditched by a boy because there were always more out there better than the one that left, and traveled the globe with me in the back of Grandpa's camper.
As an adult, my sis has been the shoulder I've cried on through the phone when the world seemed to be crashing in around me, my cheerleader as I faced challenges getting pregnant and staying pregnant, a cooking aficionado who certainly knows good food when she eats it, a talented, fun and inspirational mommy role model, and a fantastic best friend who my kiddos adore just as much as I do.
She is indeed the one person on earth who knows me better than I know myself. Thanks for being the best Big sister I could have ever gotten. May our children have that gift of friendship within the bounds of their siblinghood!
Today is her special day. Everyday she makes the day special for those who get to be around her. But, today, today is her day...Happy Birthday!
1 comment:
OK...
Your sister read this on the hotel computer in Manitou Springs and came back to the room with a catch in her throat...You know how she tries to be "strong," but we know she has a truly soft soul.
You were "her" baby from the start, and she will care for you all of her days.
I was blessed with you both. You are truly two angels from God and I thank God you are mine.
Mom
Post a Comment