Thursday, December 18, 2008

Are my Ears Working?


I think I need to go get my hearing checked. The world around me here is all a buzz and I'm not sure I'm hearing it all because some of what I've heard just seems out of place....

~ HS to LD in the car...."you know you're crying because I'm so great and now you can't see me." (what? should we have named you Adonis?)

~ K-Mart clerk to me on their pricing woes..."well, next time bring a piece of paper and write down all the prices so you have proof that the sign said that price." (should I strangle her or her manager for rudeness during the holiday season?)

~ Darlin' HH..."Wow...you are in really great shape. You must love running now." (Nope. Just run because it takes the pounds off. Nothing more.)

~ HS to me while making reindeer food packets for his class...."I wonder if the reindeer see us making their food...they are starving you know." (I think he's gotten confused...people...reindeer...we all have hungry bellies, right?)

~ In the post office today trying to mail a Christmas package from the big post office of Honolulu...a rooster cockle-doodling. We mail roosters for Christmas from Hawaii? I just thought macadamia nuts and pineapples were popular. Watch out...you may open a box with poultry when you get your boxes from us this year.

Hearing aids. Do you think they'd help?

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hearing aides: NO! You are NOT out of touch (maybe a little overwhelmed, but NOT out of touch!).

Running: I understand. I swim for the same reason. Loving it has NOTHING to do with it. Be careful of your knees! I do not want you to pay for it later!

Chickens in the mail: Absolutely! I have also ridden on buses and trains with them... They add that ethnic "atmosphere" to an international situation. Oh, NO, Wait...Hawaii is NOT a third-world country! It is part of the greatest, most technologically advanced country on Earth in the 21st century... What's up with chickens in the post office? I think the "natives" have identity issues... They long for their "natural" state... I will let that go before I say something politically incorrect!

K-Mart: Enough said by saying the name. I have never been there when I could find a sales associate (once called clerk, but doesn't "sales associate" sound SO much more important?), the advertised product, or cleanliness.

Adonis in the back seat? Absolutely! I have told you he was a handsome little devil around whom the "ladies" will swarm (and already are!).... YOU are in trouble there!!!!! (especially since HE knows it!)

Enjoy "paradise." The cavalry is coming soon to bring a breath of air NOT tinged with tropical rot.

Mom

Anonymous said...

I love reading your little adventures, observations and inspirations. I'm so glad the blog loaded for me today. I think I'm caught up now. I enjoyed reading all, but especially the Pearl Harbor tribute.

As for K-Mart... I agree with your mom! I try to remind myself of what I can expect to find/not find when I walk into K-Mart and Wal-Mart. Around here, both are a distance from home and the stores are dirty.

As for mailing poultry... not sure what to say, but it will keep my giggling all day.