It is official...one year ago today, I delivered via C-section the most beautiful little girl I'd ever seen. Today as paper lanterns blew above our lanai and crepe paper streamers lined the fence line, LD turned one. It is so hard as I know in my heart this will be the last time I ever watch a child of mine reach this milestone, yet I feel so blessed. I have two wonderful children and a loving husband. Sappy, I know. I'll try to steer clear of grossing you out, but nevertheless, reach for a tissue because I never said I wouldn't make you cry.
A letter to my LD on her 1st birthday....
Do you realize that you are a gift from God? Truly. You are. Do you know that your big brother foretold of your birth long before I ever believed I would watch my belly grow again? Do you know how long, how hard, and how painful it was to try to have such a blessing as you? Do you know that every night while you are sleeping, I open the door just to check on you and smile at you and say a silent prayer to God thanking Him for giving you to us? You my dearest LD are a blessing from above. You have completed our clan and made us feel more love for two children then your daddy and I ever thought possible.
My how your 1st year has gone by! It seems like yesterday that every two to three hours you and I would get to snuggle as you nursed and then snuggle some more as you slept. It seems like a moment ago that you sat up for the first time as you tried to play with Mr. B as Granma shouted out for me....thank God I didn't miss it...and you shared it with Granma which was even more special. It seems like a second ago that you took a likening to crawling. Why sit still when you can explore? It was only a millisecond ago that you pulled yourself up for the first time flashing the buds of two lower teeth.
It just doesn't seem possible that you are now the big "one." You are the apple of my eye and an incentive for my heart to skip that extra beat. Your brother and you will never quite know how much I longed for both of you and how much I treasure those moments together. Yes, I could be teaching in a classroom, surrounded by kids, but you my dear are one of the best students I will ever have the joy of being around. As you begin another year I look forward to all the little gems we will enjoy. First words spoken in sentences (maybe only two or three, but hey...I'll know what you mean!), steps that will take you rapidly to any place you want to go and then run you quickly back into the waiting arms of your mommy.
Yes, LD, you are now one and even though I've shed my tears, I'm so delighted to watch your expressions, hear your giggles, and listen to your words as you explore this wonderful world.
Happy Birthday, princess!
xxooxxoo,
Mommy
1 comment:
ALL children are gifts of God, but surely none was so wished for than this little one. God did not disappoint with her either. She has us ALL wrapped around her little fingers... and how she has grown! It hardly seems possible that a year has come and gone since she joined us and brightened our days.
Wishing little one more joys than she can count, with enough sorrow to appreciate them and an appreciation of the fantabulous family she has completed!
With much love from the grandma who was there on the floor with her when she first found her center and independently supported herself! How exciting that was!!!
XXXOOO Grandma
Post a Comment