Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Box Bollix


Bollix: tr.v. bol·lixed also bol·loxed, bol·lix·ing also bol·lox·ing, bol·lix·es also bol·lox·es Informal
To throw into confusion; botch or bungle: managed to bollix up the whole project.

Ok. This will certainly go down in the record books for our clan as being a huge Christmas box bollix. It's hard to begin this blog without first grabbing a glass of wine before diving in to the story of how we finally managed to receive the box in picture next to this paragraph.

Can you believe what I am about ready to type? Please do. I wouldn't lie to you. This is the box that we have been waiting for to arrive since the 10th of December. The very same box that we have been repeatedly told that it had already been delivered to us...on the 12th of December. Uh..huh...and I have flowers growing out of my hiney if you believe that one.

Our pre-Christmas week, which is suppose to be full of fun and memory making, turned into trying to search for a Wii system on a tiny little island. If you've seen "Jingle All the Way" where the most popular item of the season is trying to be found, then you can understand my problem. Clerks looked at me insanely as they tried not to laugh in my face that I would be such a terrible mother as to not purchase a Wii system much, much earlier than four days before Christmas. All hope had been lost by the time DF asked if I had checked at the Marine base. With joy in her heart, she headed over to the exchange and made a purchase...a Wii...at about the same time, what to my wandering eyes should appear but a chubby postman and his parcel for us...the box...the very box that had already been "delivered" uuuhhmmm...to us over a week ago.


Seems like we live near the imaginary world of the giants. The box looked like a big giant with wet pants had sat on top and then rocked, back and forth, just having a merry good time. The presents inside were worn and torn as though a tiny man had squeezed through the opening of the tape and had a great time taste testing the ends of the packages. Thankfully, the precious Wii that I had been having a coronary over was in the house. Unscathed.

Now my story is told...or at least the PG rated version. Note to mailing things in Hawaii: Do not send a box worth a lot without first making sure their is a signature required at delivery. You never know when they'll try to say it's been given to us...at least my John Hancock is good for something. As for my blood pressure, I'll let you know...I'm still reeling.

No comments: