The alarm clock buzzes me out of my dreamworld that I had so been enjoying as I snored peacefully next to HH and Kendo. This is the mornin' that I have decided will be the 1st test run for my new exercise moment. Only problem...I can't seem to wake up. Nevermind that it is 0430 and my clock has morphed into Satan and the buzzing is like the raging fires trying to strike.
Although LD and I have been enjoying our runs around the island, I was finding that life over the past weeks has been invading that necessary element of my days. If it wasn't something going on, then the heat index was already way too hot for a good run. Exercise always makes me feel better and without it I turn to a very haggled, upset, and not so nice little woman.
Apparently, I wasn't the only one who thought so since my HH struggled to find the time to give me to work-out...without the kids. "Hey! I've got it...how about at 8." he asked one evening while I was cooking. "at night?" I questioned. "yeah...you could work out then as long as you wanted!" he replied as he beamed with pride in his advice. "are you insane?" I answered.
A little while later, as he leaned over to kiss me goodnight, he once again shared a brilliant idea. "How about at 0430? I could only give you until 0545 on Tues/Thurs, but at least that's something." he announced. "No way...I'm exhausted enough." Well, after feeling the slow effects of a week without cardio, I decided to try his idea.
Before the sunrise is a calm and serene time. As I walked to the little gym, I couldn't help but feel like I was doing something productive. The houses I passed where dark, birds hadn't even dreamt of singing, and the coolness to the air was welcoming over our daily humidity. It's now only 0615 and I've already exercised, drank a cup of Joe, and stepped into the shower. All this, and my day is ready to begin. Only by 7 this evening, I'll be snoring. But mark my words, I'll be up before the sunrise again on Thursday. Even if that alarm clock does turn into Satan.
1 comment:
Dear One,
You go,girl! I managed to swim today for an hour (including 60 pull ups on the diving platform's base)...
I cannot say that exercise is fun for me, but I can attest to the fact that it is a great asset to my body!
Keep up the great work...you look fantabulous!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment