Tuesday, August 4, 2009

2nd Grade Treasures

My Backpack


On my back a pack I carry
In it, all my treasures.
It's what I need
So I can be
One class higher!
I'm off to second grade, you see!

Crayons, ruler, scissors too,
And yes a little Elmer's glue
Paper, pencils, in my bag…
Wonder what made mom so sad?
I'm in second grade, she should be glad!

Trapper keeper, nice and neat
Will it really stay this clean?
Second grade is sure to be sweet!

On my back a pack I carry
In it, all my treasures!


Today I'll be
Just watch and see
One class higher!
It's second grade for me!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Second Grade? Already?

Where did that frightened little guy go who looked back with terror as he boarded the kindergarten bus?

Look at him now:
proud
confident
smiling
eager
Cub Scout salute no less....
with a BELT around his waist!

The years have flown;
And he has grown
So confident and tall.

May each day bring
Such an anticipatory set...
That he may have
The best year ever yet!

Love to all,
Mom and Proud Grandma

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much said...

It is amazing! He is growing fast and is towering over his classmates! Although a cub scout salute, he was trying to show he was in 2nd grade...anal mother...since last year he held up 1 finger, I asked him to repeat with two! Heeee....heeee!

Mom said...

OK...

This plan will work until he is in seventh grade....

What will you do then?

Ask him to point a toe?

(I'm giggling now!)